Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Break Project

With all the play this break we needed a little project to make us feel like we accomplished something... 
About 13 years ago we picked up this awesome table and chairs from our favorite store--DownEast Home.  They have been great, but over the years they've received a little too much "love"
So it was time for a makeover!  Thank goodness I had a neighbor to mentor me along the way (Thanks Paige!),  and some big girls that wanted to help.
Step 1--Remove upholstered seat cushions and clean those chairs!  
Step 2--Spray paint the chairs...several times until we get a good coat.
Step 3--Paint the table--four coats!  Don't forget to steel wool between coats!
Step 4--Rub on the polyurethane coats--3-4!
Step 5--Let everything dry for a couple of days--No touchy, touchy!
Step 6--Re-upholster the cushions and attach to chairs!
Step 7--Enjoy!  I still cringe a little when the kids use the table...I'm sure I'll get over it!
It's fun when the journey is rewarding too!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Very pretty! We painted a table and chairs once...yours turned out much better!

Ashli said...

Jules, I love the new background but even more the table and chairs! They look so great and brand new. I love the fabric you choose! Way to go. Thanks for the chat today!

Rus said...

Very saucy Julio! Nice work.

Traci said...

Wow Julie, you are a professional! Awesome job! And I even remember when you bought that table...life is flying by!

Mandy said...

Okay, I'm so behind checking out your blog. But you did an amazing job!! I'm staring to get ideas... :)

Tyra said...

Wow, what a change. I love the new color and the new chair fabric. Very chic. What professionals!