Monday, April 6, 2009

April Fools!


Is your house like ours on April Fools? We had "broken arms" wrapped in Ace bandages, food coloring under the faucets so the water would turn colors, and our 2-year old saying "My arm's broken--April Fools!" Lucky for us, Lauren didn't wake-up at 6:00am to put Saran-wrap on things, etc like she'd planned! We DID, however, have our mixed-up April Fool's Dinner. (This tradition began a few years back when I had forgotten about doing something special for April Fool's Dinner and at the last minute assigned numbers to everything on the menu--including silverware and let the kids choose the order of their dinner service.) This year I made up a menu and let the family choose what they wanted to eat. We had Enchilladas, salad, green jello with cool whip and "bug-bites", chips, salsa, and chili cheese dip and a doughnut with gummy worms for dessert. See how you would have done with dinner at our house last week (mind you, they only knew we were having enchilladas, so the level of difficulty was a bit higher for them)! Here's the menu: Wildwood Dancing, Dragon Rolls, Crocodile Tears, Fairies Delight, Crispy Chunks, Slimy Bug Goop, Molten Lava, The Worms Crawl In and the Worms Crawl Out, Blood and Guts, Dinglehopper, and Shovel. Sounds appetizing--right? Sometimes the journey is an adventure!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

You are far more creative than I was. I didn't even realize it was April Fools until I went to bed. I need to get more fun for my kids. Great inspiration.

Angelle said...

You are just too cute! What a fun mom!

Yoga Girl said...

Way to go! Sounds like a lot of fun :)

Sarah said...

Sounds like fun! I love those family traditions! April Fools was never really big at my house so it's fun to hear what is done to celebrate it!

La Mujer Loca said...

Wow. Talk about creative . . . my kids really are missing out.

Tyra said...

What a fun idea. I bet they all just loved the whole thing and told all their friends what a great time they had and what a fun mother. Will you adopt me?