Thursday, November 19, 2009

It must be that time of year....

The temperature's getting brisk, the leaves have fallen from the trees, lights are appearing on homes, the house at the top of our hill has bedazzled the heck out of itself--it's AMAZING that every year they still add something new! (In this case more is not necessarily better), Lauren and Alli's violin practice music sounds suspiciously like the holidays, I'm busy making candy and dipping chocolates, and yes even the pillow cases have a new theme--It's beginning to look a lot like--CHRISTMAS!



I don't know why Alli didn't want her picture taken first thing in the morning...hmmm...weird. Lindsay didn't seem to have a problem!


We had a family dinner on Sunday at Grandma and Grandpa Barrett's newly remodeled home. It looks beautiful and I think we broke it in for them! We were celebrating their 41st Wedding Anniversary! At the end of the night, Grandma got the Christmas Season started early by handing out gifts--darling hand sewn Christmas pillow cases for each grandchild--12! Grandmas are the best! Thanks Grandma Barrett!

2 comments:

Ashli said...

These blogs say that Ashli wrote them but it is really Grandma B. We had a wonderful time Sunday evening. I loved the talent time. Mothers, get ready with more talent for Christmas!

Thanks, Julie, for the tasty, fun, candy night.

I am happy to see the children enjoying their holiday pillowcases. They were fun to make.

Traci said...

I love this! My sister-in-law Monette made us some a few years ago and the kids can't wait for Dec 1st to put them out! I love traditions like this! I love the pics!