Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back To School


I can't believe it's back to school time! And I'm not even sure if I want my kids to go back to school yet. They are such great helpers with Lindsay--I have a feeling she's really going to miss them. But I think I'll miss them even more than she will. Besides being great helpers, I enjoy having them around. Alli is in fifth grade this year. She was so ready for school to start today that she woke up at 5:30 am when she heard Jeff and me go running. She said she tried to go back to sleep, but woke up when she heard us come home at 6:30 am. She and Calvin (second grader) have been completely ready for school (bedrooms clean even!) since 7:30 am. They still have an hour to wait for the bus. They've been outside playing with soccer balls and scooters already as they wait. Now they have found a show to watch with Lindsay. Maybe I can still get a shower while they are home! I think they will settle down a little by tomorrow--we'll see. Lauren (eighth grader now) is excited for school to start, but then she wants it to be over in a week. (Probably enough time to wear all her new outfits and then what's the point? Right?) She has orchestra again this year and art and foods that she is excited about. She is also wanting to try out for the tennis team as well as volleyball and track. I hope she keeps this adventurous spirit! So I guess Lindsay and I are left to figure things out for ourselves. I'm sure we'll get a good routine going again. Time to look at life's journey through the eyes of a two year old. That sounds just about right to me!


Alli and Calvin with their buddies at the bus stop!

1 comment:

Mark said...

I was always excited for the first day of school, until about 2:00, then I was ready to be back on a break.