Monday, August 11, 2008

Girl's Camp

Whew! Last week was Girl's Camp at Heber Valley. Man is it gorgeous up there! It was fun to go with Lauren again this year. It was Stake Camp (where the girls and leaders are mixed up together by age groups), so we were both a little unsure that it could be much fun...don't you need to be with people you know for that? We were in the same cabin (or yurt) and even had a few girls from our ward with us so all was good. It was nice to have Lauren there for a hug when I was tired and missing home. (It seems like she felt the same way.) She is a good girl and had fun with her friends--new and old! It is funny to see your teenager with her friends acting silly and being a kid. She is such a mature girl that I don't see her acting like that very much. It was nice to see her let her hair down. I was with great leaders as well--Heather Penrod, Karen Keyser and Nani Wood! I think someone was looking out for me! Our girls were very sweet to each other and even went along with our rule of lights out at 11:00 pm, and just flashlights and whispers after that. We kept busy with certification, waterfront, hikes, the confidence course and we were fed like kings--or queens! There was a little to much singing of loud and obnoxious songs for my taste, and who taught these girls the cup, table pounding game? (Do you know what I'm talking about?) Every time we're sitting down at a table, out come the cups, and if they don't have cups--their hands will do! Uggh! Some of the things about camp make me feel old! On the whole, though, we had so much fun that we were dead by the end of each night. Jeff and the kids were spoiled, because they had so many people taking care of them while Lauren and I were gone. Thanks to everyone (Mom and Dad Clarke, Kanani, Mom and Dad Barrett, and Paige Littledike)! I think they only had to feed themselves on Wednesday night! Spoiled! Thanks for all the help on our camping journey! We love you guys! Paige sent me some pictures of Lindsay living it up--I thought they were pretty cute!


Why is it that my child doesn't know how to eat a cookie without getting it all over herself? Drew seems to know how to do it! Oh well.

Fun in the sun! This is what they were doing when Jeff came home from work! He told me about this over the phone at camp. Cuter than I imagined!

1 comment:

Ashli said...

How cute is little topless Lindsey! Glad you survived camp. Girls that age are so much fun (wink,wink)