Thursday, February 19, 2009

So Proud!


Here is a picture of my cute Alli right before the school spelling bee last Friday. She was one of 36 kids that qualified for the 4-6th grade bee. She practiced for two weeks to prepare and really worked hard. She did a great job, too! She didn't let her nerves get to her and she tied for second place! Each round I got more and more nervous! I couldn't get comfortable the entire time! My heart pounded and my stomach was flipping around. I am actually relieved she didn't win, because I don't think I would have made it if we had to go through another one of those spelling bees! It worked out for the best! Alli, my child that quickly gets over things, (although this one took a little while) soon pointed out to me that she wouldn't have to practice anymore! Way to enjoy the journey, Alli!

3 comments:

Ashli said...

It makes my stomach nervous just reading about it. I'm glad that she did such a great job.

Angelle said...

Great job Alli! 2nd place is quite impressive!

Tyra said...

It was fun watching the "bee". Those words were HARD. I think Alli did a great job and we were very proud of her.