Monday, March 9, 2009

Don't worry, Mom!


Calvin found his long lost savings this weekend. He decided he wanted to buy himself a Hot Wheels car with it. I asked him how much money he had..."$2.38" was his reply. I pointed out that when he bought his Hot Wheels car he would only have $1.00 left. I asked if he was sure he wanted to spend more than half of his money on the car. He quickly put all my worries to rest when he said, "Don't worry Mom, I've got my whole life to earn more money." Words to live by in today's society!

4 comments:

La Mujer Loca said...

Very cute. Love the philosophy--and see it manifested with my boys all too often.:)

Tyra said...

I think Calvin has the right idea for this time of his life. He is enjoying the journey. I feel I just didn't do nearly enough of that growing up. Out of the mouths of babes!

GaRNiTuRe said...

Hi- You don't know me but I found your blog through a friend's. I recently opened a little hair clip shop & thought you might be interested:
http://garnitureclips.blogspot.com/

Check it out!

The Bailey Buzz said...

What I great comment! That's one of the greatest thinkgs about kids is their honesty and spontaneity. I'm waiting to see what the leprechauns did at your place on the 17. If I remember right they always seem to make a visit.