Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dishwasher Miracle!


A couple of weeks ago Jeff and I returned home from our date to hear, "Oh, did I tell you that our dishwasher won't close?" What? "Yeah, Calvin was hanging on the door and now it won't close." Seriously? So upon closer inspection, our dishwasher door wouldn't stay closed, which means it wouldn't turn on and stay on unless someone held it closed--and I don't know anyone who wants to do that. We decided our hinges are probably bent, and after trying to "unbend" them we decided we should call a repairman. I called Doyle's and they sent out a really nice guy, Dennis, to take a look. After a few minutes he determined that the hinges were bent. He tried to "unbend" them too, and then decided we needed new hinges. Guess how much EACH hinge costs? About $70. So when Dennis told me how much the service call + the hinges + the labor added up to($250), I swallowed hard and tried to fight back tears as I bravely said, "Kids are expensive."
He came back a week later, long enough for my kids to learn some really good dishwashing skills and realized he had two left hinges. He apologized and we realized the kids would get another week to really hone those skills--LUCKY!
A couple days later... Lauren calls me from home while the rest of us are watching Alli play soccer and says, "Did someone fix our dishwasher? The door is staying closed now." What? Yup! The door now miraculously stays closed and runs normally! Now I'm kicking myself for calling in a repairman so quickly, thinking we'll probably have to still pay for everything! But when I called Dennis he said he'll just cancel the order. What? Seriously? Are you sure? Yup--A Bonfied Dishwasher Miracle!

2 comments:

Traci said...

Love it! Nothing like looking at the glass half full! Love those miracles!

Tyra said...

I don't know what happened, but we are happy everything worked out so great. Treat those appliances with respect and care, Cal.