Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Big Day Finally Arrived

Calvin with Grandpa and Grandma Barrett
Here he is with Grandpa and Grandma Clarke
Our family

Calvin was baptized this past Saturday. It was a beautiful day and he loved it. We had lots of family and even some friends come to share our special day. I asked Calvin how he felt after his baptism and he said, "I feel like I've done everything right." What a cute guy! We had my brother's baby blessing on Sunday, so we had to choose between going to the blessing and attending our ward where Calvin would get sustained as a new member, sit on the stand, and bear his testimony. When I asked him which he would prefer, he said, "I'll do either." Then a minute later he said, "But if I go to our ward, I'd get to be a REAL member of the church that much sooner." You guessed it--we stayed at our home ward. We're proud of you Calvin. Aren't kids what the journey is all about?

5 comments:

Rus said...

Ah cute! Congrats to the big Cal. Jules, it looks like you're about to get eclipsed in the height department.

Angelle said...

Cute Calvin! I am so sad we missed it! Glad it was a great day.

Traci said...

Way to go Calvin...you are doing what's right! Awesome job Julie on recording such tender conversations, these will be treasured!

sherrie said...

i wish I'd realized it was that day...we would have come! With eleven brothers and sisters I imagine you had a crowd ! yea calvin

Tyra said...

Calvin's baptism was really a nice day. The homemade sweet rolls were fabulous. We are proud of you, Calvin. You are a special boy.