Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 3--The Girls Hit Manhattan!


Ok, back up a little...
Mom and I, soo ready to head off on the train into NYC, trying not to embarrass Ashli too much! 
Here we are in Penn Station!  Ready for the city!
Ashli was our fearless guide.  So  fun to get the tour from someone who loves NYC as much as she does!
Just had to take a pic of the streets!  Lovin' it. 
The Statue of Liberty is smaller than I thought...
The Empire State Building, we were careful to watch for traffic as we crossed the street--didn't want to get hit by a car and be crippled for life. (Do you like my "Affair to Remember" reference?)
Cool to be here with you, Ash!
This picture cracks me up--nobody dares look at her...  What I love most though, is that Jeff took a similar picture on his mission--20 years ago in Taiwan.
Hopping into a taxi to see Ground Zero.  We're getting the full experience, baby!
After Ground Zero, we headed out to a ferry ride past the Statue of Liberty--the real one this time!  Awesome! 
We were probably a little over-zealous, trying to get too many things in one day.  We took a subway from the ferry, then hopped onto the express and out onto the street where we had to run/walk several blocks to get to Wicked in time!  We were a little late, but loved the show!  Soo much fun! 
Since we were hungry by then...we went to Uncle Nick's and had...
...Flaming Cheese (I didn't get my phone out in time to get the cheese actually flamming, but you get the idea, imagine flames--wooo-hoo!)  Yummo!
Some of our waiters. 
Ash and I in Times square!  Can't believe I was there!
We tried to stay out of trouble....aren't these guys the typical NYPD?
The Hershey Store in Times Square.
Now that's the size we need to see in our stores!  Just the smell of that place!  Me like-y!
Times Square--sweet!  If I remember correctly, right about now we were looking for a Cold Stone Ice-cream store.
Riding the subway--it looks like I'm having a hard time containing the excitement--I know, I am!  I had such a great time!  Thanks, ladies!

No comments: