Monday, June 27, 2011

NYC, baby!

I can't believe I'm in New York City!  Amazing!
Ok, I should back up a little, I got a little ahead of myself...  My mother-in-law, Tyra, said one day how much she was missing her grandkids in New Jersey, and that she was thinking of planning a trip to visit them with her sister.  I said that sounded fun and I'd be her travel buddy if I had the money... Cut to two weeks later and I got a call one morning telling to pack my bags!  What!?!?!  Joan couldn't go, so I was in--and I didn't even know I was in the running!  We had soo much fun!  Here's pics from our first night.   These guys were so gracious to put us up in their home (Ethan gave up his bedroom!), feed and entertain us!  They're the best.

Ashli and Randall and their awesome kids--Ethan, Anna, Kate and Jane at the Summit Diner on our first evening in Summit, NJ.  Legend has it, Ernest Hemmingway ate at this diner and included it in one of his books!
Their cute, cute downtown just a couple blocks from their home. 
Another shot of the picturesque town.  Love it!

1 comment:

sherrie said...

I just posted a very long comment and it didn't show up..loved reading your updates!