Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Into the City!

Day 2
Ashli was soo brave to drive us into the city!  She'd never done it before, but she did a great job!  Super navigation skills--it was way cool to be in the middle of stop-and-go traffic in NYC!  
We went to the Museum of Natural History.  It was cool to think of "Night of the Museum" as we drove past the front doors--right across the street from Central Park.
Cool picture of the kids in front of the indian.   
"Dumb, Dumb, Me want gum-gum!"
Crossing the street to Central Park.
I couldn't help thinking of "Enchanted" when I saw this bridge in Central Park.
How cool that this is a bathroom in Central Park?  I know, I'm a nerdy tourist if I'm taking pictures of a bathroom. 
In front of Belvedere's Castle.  Ashli and I took a little stroll into the park while Grandma kept the kids at a playground (donated by Diana Ross--I know surreal!).  We thought we knew where we were going, but got a little turned around.  A great place to get lost in though...
Thank goodness for the maps!  Isn't Ashli cute?  It was soo fun to be with her again.
On our way home, we drove past the LDS Temple!  Way cool. 
Right across the street from the temple is Julliard! 

Hanging out at home after an awesome day of exploring the city. 


No comments: