Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Nose Knows!

Funny little story about our visit to the "For Every Body Outlet" yesterday. Lindsay and I went to their big sale--I'd never been. I knew Lindsay's nose was sensitive, but didn't think about what walking into a store like that would be like for her. She immediately grabbed her nose and complained about the smells! Then she got of whiff of the sugar cookie candle and began jumping around, hugging my legs and saying "Yay, cookies." When she realized we weren't going to be eating cookies she was pretty disappointed--whimpering, crying, almost laying on the floor to start a tantrum. As any good Mom knows, we needed a distraction! I talked her into helping me find more candles and she reluctantly followed me into the back section where we found some votive candles and sure enough--we found some in the sugar cookie variety. Lindsay was so excited! I let her carry a little 9 pack (just $1) around while I searched the store. Soon I noticed that she was munching on something--you guessed it--she was eating the sprinkles off the top of the candles! She is soo much like her Mom! Oh, no! Luckily we had some fruit snacks to exchange and everyone was happy, but not before several people commented on my two-year-old "sampling" the sprinkles. I think we've pointed out an important safety hazard--those candles smell good enough to eat!

3 comments:

Traci said...

Classic, we've always said they smelled good enough to eat, now we know they are!

Shauna said...

She is so adorable. You have the best stories.

Yoga Girl said...

Were they really sprinkles? Who knew?