Sunday, December 14, 2008

Am I seeing double?

Finally! We finally found someone in our family that would wear our "Elmo Head" in the spirit in which it was created! I made this "Elmo Head" about twelve years ago for Lauren's second Halloween. She loved Elmo so we got her some red sleeper pajamas and even some Elmo house slippers--they were really cute with Elmo's beady little eyes on top. I figured out how to make the hat out of some fleece and foam balls that I painted (remember Traci?) to look like Elmo's head. The costume was so cute, but the second we put it on, Lauren cried and cried. Every picture the entire night is of Lauren looking like she is in being terrorized. Don't you just love it when your best intentions are subverted by your little ones?
Fast forward twelve years...Lindsay came down from the playroom last night holding "Tickle Me Elmo." (Yes, the original--given to Lauren from Aunt Ashli that same Christmas of the Halloween debacle--seriously, she really did love Elmo! Can you believe we still have it?) Jeff and I started tickling her and telling her she looked like Elmo. She loved it and we got the idea to see if we still had that Elmo head laying around. Surprise, surprise--look what we found! She loved it and didn't cry at all! Well, at least someone appreciates my handy work! Finally!

5 comments:

Traci said...

Yeah Lindsay, I so remember....I can't believe you still have it! I love Elmo, he is definitely my FAVE!!!!

La Mujer Loca said...

Hey! I remember that costume too. Matt borrowed it for Halloween one year. Can't believe you still have it.

Rus said...

Tell the truth. You made that thing for Jeff and after listening to him cry all night because he was scared you stowed it away for another great time - like this. Cute girl.

Yoga Girl said...

Oh she is sooo cute! Julie you never cease to amaze me with you creativity and ability to put things together. Way to Go!

Mandy said...

The girls loved seeing Lindsay dressed up as Elmo! That is pretty creative, Julie. I'm impresed.