Monday, December 8, 2008

Snow!!!

I hope everyone reading this loves snow, because it's going to be all about that for a minute! I am so excited that it is finally really snowing! We had a little bit of snow for Thanksgiving and it felt so cozy! We stayed in a cabin with Jeff's side of the family for the weekend. When we arrived there was a definite lack of snow, but as we woke up in the morning--yup, we found SNOW! Immediately things felt cozier inside. The kids played in the snow as much as they could and grandma made real hot chocolate. Good times. I'm telling you, there's something about snow!


Doesn't that look fun? It was great and we were really getting in the Christmas frame of mind...but then we came home and--yup, NO SNOW! It was a little hard to feel Christmas-y, ya know? Maybe it had something to do with our family speaking in church the very next day! Hmmmm...can't be sure. Anyway, now that it's snowing--Yippee! It just makes me want to bake some cookies while I listen to Christmas music and wrap presents, if only I had all my shopping done...I think we'll still be able to make the most of it--how's that for enjoying the journey?

4 comments:

Traci said...

I agree! Today we made gingerbread houses and it started snowing...everyone was giddy with excitement for Christmas and snow! There is just something about snow!

Yoga Girl said...

I love snow...in December and January. But come Feb, March, April...I can do without it :)
I do love to feel cozy inside while it's snowing outside.

Kate said...

Hi Julie! So fun to see your blog too! Love seeing your beautiful family and your snowy winter, Christmassy weather. This will be a fun way to keep in touch!

Kate said...

p.s. please e-mail me your e-mail address. I'm going to make my blog private in the near future and need to you invite by e-mail. Thanks

send it to:
mkzeedik@sbcglobal.net