Friday, October 31, 2008

All I want for Christmas is...

A Little Green Bissell (or a vomit sucker)! I know that is a strange thing for a wish list, but baby, it's at the top of my list after last night! Last night Jeff and I were at Alli's play "America On Parade," enjoying the patriotic music performed by cute elementary school aged kids when we got a mysterious phone call from home. Lauren was calling to ask me what she should do, Lindsay had just thrown-up all over the playroom. So imagine if you will, all she had been eating was red punch and crackers! So, you know what that means--yup, red vomit in the white berber carpet! When we got home from the play (Alli did a beautiful job by the way--she even had a solo in one of the songs!), I spent the next half hour or so with a shop vac, carpet cleaner, a rag and water! Good times! Needless to say, I did laundry until bed-time (Lindsay also threw-up in bed a little while later). All was well until around 1:30am when Calvin came downstairs to tell us he just threw-up. This time it was all over him, his bed, and his white berber carpet in his room, and various other spots along his path to our room--and yes, Calvin had red punch at dinner, too, Yippee! We were able to clean it all up again, thanks to the trusty shop vac, but I'm thinking it's about time for a Little Green Bissell! If this is the way the journey is going to be...I'm thinking it would come in handy!

4 comments:

Yoga Girl said...

Oh dear! That is one of the worst illnesses in my book! I think you have a great idea...Maybe I'll ask for a little green bissell too. Hope everyone is feeling better!

The Bailey Buzz said...

I hate throw up! Of all my mommy jobs its the ominous gurgling in the throat that can only mean one thing that I dread the most. Sorry about the red punch.

And yes Alli did a fabulous job on her solo. What a clear strong voice. She looked so pretty and grown up.

Hope the gomboo doesn't make any more rounds

Ashli said...

Yuck! Sorry about all the vomit. Isn't it sad the things you want for Christmas as you get "older". I want a bookshelf, and a shed!

Traci said...

So sorry! Always hard, but I think a good lesson here is...do not feed children red punch! Or any color punch for that matter, because those are the only days that my kids throw up!:)