Monday, October 6, 2008

Follow the Prophet!


Conference was great! I am anxious to get the Ensign so we can read the talks again. I don't know what it is about reading it, but for me I really get a lot out of the print version. Also, it's fun to highlight! We had so much fun visiting with family between sessions and eating together, too this weekend!

We did a lot of the eating! We had our annual Clarke family Priesthood Pie Extravaganza after Priesthood Conference (obviously). For the uninitiated, each family brings a couple of pies and when we are all combined we have at least a dozen pies to try. We had pie coming out of our ears by the night's end! But it actually began with homemade pizza--thanks Grandma! Grandma and Aunt Wendy had made pizza for the moms and kids as we waited at Grandma and Grandpa's for Priesthood Conference to end. I think we ate so much pizza that it was difficult to eat as much pie as we wanted! Sunday we followed that by having lasagna out our ears at Grandpa and Grandma Barrett's. Of course the lasagna was followed by pie and ice-cream, too! (I'm not going to mention the pumpkin pancakes with buttermilk syrup for breakfast on Saturday and the cinnamon rolls for brunch on Sunday! So if I don't mention them, hopefully they don't count?)

With all the Spiritual Feasting as well as the physical type, it was a very enjoyable weekend, but we are committed again this week to exercise every day and eat healthy! We've got to make up for the damage done this weekend! Let's hope it works!

BTW--I hope you all heard President Monson validate our motto--Enjoy the Journey!

3 comments:

Ashli said...

next conference I'm headed to your house for the "physical feasting"! It all sounds so good.

The Clarke Clan said...

Although we were in Oklahoma, we had pizza and pie night with some friends. We also had cinnamon rolls!! We love Conference traditions. It was so sad to have President Monson say we'll meet again in 6 mo. I loved all of conference.

Traci said...

I thought of you and your blog everytime he said "Enjoying the Journey!" You Rock, keep it up!