Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What's for Lunch?

The only explanation I can come up with is this--I was spoiled growing up. Everything we ate was made from scratch and it was delicious! Yup...bread, cookies, pies, rolls...all of it! We had eleven kids, so maybe that was part of it, but now I cannot pass up homemade cookies. I love them! I can eat several without even realizing it.
So now that you understand where I am coming from, I have a confession to make. I just had ummmm....around 6 chocolate chip cookies for lunch. Oh, and a glass of milk (duh!). I just got home from the DownEast Blowout Sale at Thanksgiving Point and put Lindsay on the potty while I made her standard crackers, cheese and raisins lunch. As I was in the pantry I noticed a bag of chocolate chip cookies that Lauren made for Family Night last night. I had one, I'll eat it before lunch instead of after--I can, I'm the Mom! Of course, as I ate that one I noticed how soft and delicious it was. Those semi-sweet and special dark chips were still soft! Yum! I grabbed another. Then I checked on Lindsay, still crying and not done yet, back to the kitchen. I got out the bread to make me a peanut butter sandwich and I thought to myself....What's the difference between a peanut butter sandwich and a cookie? Not much.... Another cookie. Now Lindsay's done, good girl. I should pour myself a glass of milk to wash down those cookies. Now that I have milk...I should dip a cookie...that would be good. Yup! It was. So I had another and drank all my milk. Putting away the bag of cookies I thought...One more for the road! What is up with that? I'm a wreck!
So now that I've OD'd, I'm telling myself that we take this journey one day at a time and tomorrow I'll be better. I am doubtful though...I did practically the same thing last night as the cookies were coming out of the oven, and then later on when they were cooled. I need help!

5 comments:

La Mujer Loca said...

DELISH! I must say I had a couple today myself--leftovers from last night's FHE. Addicting. I'm still working with Halle on potty training. Argh. She's not getting it.

Ashli said...

Your blog looks so cute!! You did it! The cookies look delish. don't feel bad, why do you think I am constantly 15 lbs. overweight? treats!! I ate two baby snickers and a cookie for lunch. I don't know what my problem is...I'm considering hypnosis.:)

The Bailey Buzz said...

Your blog is so cute! I love the design. And your pictures of St. George look professional such great resolution. You'd better eat some more cookies to prepare yourself for the end of Reflections!

Traci said...

You are my kind of girl! Enjoy it, relish in it and know that you don't do it every day, just every few! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Yoga Girl said...

YUM!!! Dangerous thing to think about at 4:30 in the afternoon and i'm hungry! I wish i had some homemade cookies right about now :)