Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cute Little Things

Lindsay was cute today. I had her in tow delivering Reflections entries to our school this afternoon. I had some boxes of drawings and photographs and had to go back and forth between the school and our car about three different times. (I am so glad I can open and close the back hatch of my car by pressing a button!) This always scares me because we have to pass through a little parking lot, and today it was just before school let out so cars were starting to line up to pick up kids. I didn't have a hand to carry Lindsay, so I told her to hold onto the leg of my pants. This was something new and she played along beautifully. I was wearing gauchos so my pant legs were loose and she held on to the outside edge as we walked along. On our way back to the car I heard her saying to her baby doll, "Hold my dress baby," and she put her baby's hand on her skirt as they walked through the parking lot to our car! Funny. She likes to be a little Mommy. The next stop we took was to Lauren's LED conference (some derivative of Parent Teacher Conference). As Lauren and I looked through her file and discussed her work, Lindsay was helping her baby draw. She was holding the baby's hand with a pencil in it and drawing with the baby. Then I heard her say, "Good job, Baby Diego!" Sometimes I have to just laugh at how cute she is! It was fun to slow down a little today and notice the cute little things my kids do. Now that's how to enjoy the journey!

4 comments:

Ashli said...

Sorry you've got so much to do. Lindsey is such a cute little girl that is getting bigger by the minute.

Traci said...

Who named her baby Diego? Kidding. She is a doll, and what a great photo!

Yoga Girl said...

what a beautiful pic Jules! She is such a doll.

The Bailey Buzz said...

So adorable. It's amazing to me how sensitve little children are to certain things - like mothering. What a great mom she had to learn from!