Monday, January 12, 2009

Might as well celebrate!

January is my favorite month of the year! I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that it is my BIRTHDAY month! I'll be 38 this year! Yikes!!! Aren't birthdays funny? I know I am chronologically older, but I still feel like I'm in my 20's! I know, I'm not fooling anyone, but now I understand how my Mom felt when she used to tell me that she doesn't feel as old as she is (for the record--she doesn't look it, either!) I love birthdays! Birthdays were always a big deal in my family growing up, and even though I'm a Mom now, and usually no one makes me a cake, or makes my all my favorite meals, and the chances are HUGE that I be will changing a dirty diaper (sorry,Pull-up) during the day, there is still something MAGICAL about my birthday. Thanks, Mom. I owe it all to you! I love the excitement I still feel around birthdays--mine or someone else's. You were great at making our day special! You really have a knack for making everyone feel important and loved! You are truly the best Mom ever, I hope my kids will always be excited for their birthdays! We gotta have those fun mile-posts along the journey!

4 comments:

Yoga Girl said...

Happy Birthday to you (tomorrow)! Hope you have a great, wonderful day, because I think you are great and wonderful! So glad to have you as a friend in my life. Thanks for you great example and positive view of life. Love ya!

Ashli said...

Look at you and your cute back ground. Happiest Birthday to you tomorrow!!! I hope all your dreams come true. Any big plans? Hope it's a great day for a great gal! I love you! By the way you look fabulous and not a day over hmmm...29? although 30 is the new 20!

La Mujer Loca said...

It's Tuesday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope somebody cooks you something delicious or at least cleans up after the party for you:-D

The Anderson Family said...

That is soooo true... how did Mom do it? And, make us all feel like her favorite. My wish for my kids too :).
Love ya,
Ipo