Monday, January 19, 2009

Pioneer Children

Alli is learning some fun stuff in school this year. She came home from school on Thursday with a bag of something AWESOME she "bought" with her good behavior tickets in class. Guess what it was...nope--it was HARD TACK! She was so excited about it! Her student teacher made some to show the kids what the pioneers had to eat and Alli thought it was so good she just had to have it! She insisted that I try it and assured me that it was good, but I don't see the allure, unless you just need something to work on for a while. She is a funny girl! Here she is about four years ago in our neighborhood 24th of July parade--I thought it was pretty appropriate for this blog. I guess the pioneers didn't have it so bad!

2 comments:

Yoga Girl said...

what a beautiful girl! Did you make the bonnet? We have trek this year, soooo i might need your help :)

Have fun Thursday

what is hard tack btw? I mean what does it consists of?

Traci said...

Hey I had some hard tack that was the Lion House recipe and it was dang good. I almost lost a few fillings and teeth, but it was yummy! I'm with you Alli, it was worth it!