Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Day!

Well, there's nothing like being spoiled on your birthday! I got to sleep-in! Yeah! Actually, I slept in a little too late--we all woke up when Lauren was supposed to be ready for her carpool (7:35am)! Yikes! We all pitched in--I made her bed and got her toothbrush ready, Alli got her books and bag together, while Lauren hopped into some clothes and brushed her hair! And a true Birthday Miracle occured--she made her ride! (Luckily for Lauren--she has Foods second period so she didn't have to skip breakfast!)

Once we got her out the door I noticed Alli looking sad and wilted--she wanted to make me breakfast in bed and I wasn't in bed anymore! "I can fix that!" I said and hopped back into bed (trying not to worry too much about the clock and getting the next two kids to the bus stop, of course). Yippee! She happily proceeded to make me a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast, accompaned by some delicious orange juice and a cute birthday card and bookmark!




After a delicious and leisurely breakfast, I made lunches and hussled Alli and Cal out the door just in time for the bus. Yeah!

Then once I finished my work...

Splish, splash...


Empty dishwasher...


Wash dishes from last night's family birthday cake bake-off and this morning's breakfast-in-bed...


and fold laundry...


I was able to take a shower and relax! (The freaky thing about me is that I could have left all that work for someone to do for me later, but I wouldn't have been able to relax if I did that!) I was amazed at all the sweet family and friends that came by, called, emailed and facebooked me for my birthday! Although, I must say I was a little embarrased at my horrible voice anytime I answered the phone or door! (I forgot to mention that I had been fighting a bug and was quite congested! Uggh!)

Later on, lovely Lindsay took a nap and so did I! Another Birthday Miracle that looked and felt a little something like this...


I got the night off from YW's so Jeff and I went to Gloria's Little Italy for a wonderful dinner! We love the authentic Italian food they serve there! The Bruschetta is amazing--and I'm not even a tomato eater, we also love their garlic bread and the dishes we ordered were spectacular, as well! Jeff got a tortelini mushroom creamy thing (it was in italian) and I ordered the quattro formaggio pasta! (And, no, we don't count calories on birthdays!) We stopped to grab some of my favorite cake at the Trolley, but they were out! What? I know! We settled for a frozen custard hot fudge sundae! Nice! I had a great day! Thanks to everyone for making my journey so great! (Now you know why I love my birthday's soo much!) It's nice to feel loved!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

What cute kids, I am glad you had a great day.

Yoga Girl said...

I need to make sure that each one of my kids read your blog so they know what to do for mine :)
Glad you had a great day!
Owen loved the picture of the polar bear...

Traci said...

I'm so glad it was a good day! I love all the pics, especially the sink full of dishes. So awesome!

CarolAnne said...

Birthday Greetings! Happy you have had a wonderful day. What great kids. I wonder where they learned how to be like that...hmmmm. Good job, Julie.

Angelle said...

Good, you deserved every bit of it!

The Bailey Buzz said...

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy belated - glad you had such a terrific day!

sherrie said...

I was cleaning out my email and ran across your blog invite so I took a second to look. Too bad I didn't look sooner b/c I totally forgot your birthday this year and didn't even realize it when I talked to you last week! Oh gosh, I'm sorry. Sick kids is all it takes to make me forget everything else! You are the best - a great friend - a great person - thankful for you!! Sher