Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yummy New Recipe


I just have to share the recipe for a great dinner we had last night! Fish Tacos!

Ingredients:
1 t vegetable oil
1 anaheim chile pepper, chopped (I used jalepeno)
1 leek, chopped (I used onion)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and pepper taste
1 c chicken broth
2 large tomatoes, diced (I used bottled tomatoes, totally drained)
1/2 t ground cumin
1 1/2 lb halibut fillets
1 lime
12 corn tortillas (I used flour)

Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, and saute the chile, leek, and garlic until tender and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the chicken broth and tomatoes into the skillet, and season with cumin. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to med. Place the halibut into the mixture (I cubed the halibut in large pieces). Sprinkle with lime juice. Cook until the halibut is easily flaked with a fork. Wrap in warmed tortillas to serve.
(I drained the fish and sauce once it was cooked through a strainer and then reduced the juices until thick over med-high heat. Then I added that to fat free sour cream for a yummy sauce for the tacos! Serve with cheese, avocado, lettuce, cillantro, lime, and sour cream!)

Just a little something to make your journey yummy!

2 comments:

Yoga Girl said...

YUM! can't wait to try it!
Thanks for sharing!

La Mujer Loca said...

Sounds DELISH. Looks like a great recipe.