Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is the 17th Anniversary of our first date! (Okay, actually we had one official date and another unofficial one before Jeff's mission, but he was looking for a steady girlfriend and since that was taboo at my house...)
So...after Jeff came home from his mission we went on a date and today is our 17th Anniversary of that! Back in 1991, we went to Cascade Springs (the leaves were awesome!) and had the most refreshing talk I've ever had on a date. I felt like I could really be myself.  Then we ate pumpkin pie and drank Clearly Canadians (remember that drink?) at Nunn's Park. We really clicked and had a great time together. We finished up the date by watching "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken" at the Dollar Movies. How romantic!  Right?
Last night I tried to plan an awesome anniversary date. I had a brilliant thought about tracking down "Wild Hearts," but that proved a little difficult! No one has that movie anymore, and certainly not on DVD! (And here I thought it was a classic!) We ended up driving the Nebo Loop for our dose of fall foliage. It was gorgeous! While we were up there we had our pumpkin pie, and then watched "Music and Lyrics" on our car DVD player. It would have been perfect if we had "Wild Hearts," but we made it work anyway.

Here are some pictures we took of the beautiful leaves.  It was breath taking up there!


What a fun night with an awesome guy! I thank my lucky stars every day that I get to spend my journey with my best friend!

2 comments:

La Mujer Loca said...

Happy Anniversary! That means your engagement anniversary is this week, right?:)

What is "Music and Lyrics?"

sherrie said...

So..I've noticed that everyone that is really into blogging is also very in love and very romantic. I couldn't tell you for the life of me when Brian and I had our first date - nor do I care (lucky for Brian since I can guarantee Brian doesn't know either)! I think you and Jeff are cute together - it's funny to watch you giggle at everything he says! Happy Anniversary!