Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Potty Training

Need I say more! We are trying to potty train. I tried earlier this summer, I figured I have all these helpers home... I even tried to hire Alli to train Lindsay for me. Alli thought that sounded great until about 2 hours into it. She said $20 wasn't worth it. After one day and six wet panties, I decided it might be better to train her when everyone was back at school and it was just the two of us.

Soo...this Sunday at lunch, Lindsay got this concentrating look on her face. I asked her if she wanted to go potty (of course I expected her to say no) she said yes! So I hurried her to the potty and she went "stinky poo" right away! (Sorry about the potty talk, but after all...) I thought to myself, "well, 'stinky poo' is the hardest part about potty training. Maybe she's ready." After her nap she went "pee pee," so it seemed like we were on our way. But that was about it for Sunday, although we had a few setbacks, we had high hopes for the next day. But the next day wasn't so successful, of coarse it was Labor Day, lots of people around and stuff to do. So we tried again yesterday and we were barely successful--one time in the potty. The rest in the panties and then in the pull-ups. (I know they do better in panties, but I got tired of the idea of cleaning up after her.)

Today she has been sitting on the potty all morning. She has yet to go! I think she is good at holding it, just not quite ready to let go on command. She keeps shuffling in to me (with her pull-ups around her ankles) to show me something or tell me she did it, when she didn't! Now she's watching Play House Disney with a sippy cup of juice sitting on her potty. I'm hoping her bladder will just get too full to hold it any more, and we can move on to bath time and getting dressed!

I'm at the stage where I'm wondering what I was thinking ... diapers are a wonderful discovery... they are so convenient! I can take Lindsay with me wherever I need to go, for as long as I need--no running to find a potty! Am I crazy? It's starting to feel a little that way. This is the part of the journey where you tell yourself to just keep going...keep going...it will pay off soon! Or else you just buy a jumbo box of diapers and try again a little closer to kindergarten!

2 comments:

La Mujer Loca said...

Okay, Julie. That is sooo funny. I'm at the same spot with Halle. Are girls harder to train than boys? I thought they'd be easier. I hate potty training!

Steph
www.stephaniepiilani.blogspot.com/

Ashli said...

I hate potty training!!! I think potty training alone probably makes people stop having babies, cause they know eventually they have to potty train them. Good luck!