Friday, September 5, 2008

Potty Training...Still

I am in the midst of this potty training ordeal and wonder why I started this. She'll hold it and hold it and then after an hour (or more) of sitting on the potty, she'll finally go. (Oh, I forgot to mention, it's usually accompanied by crying--Lindsay's, although I've been close.) We'll put her panties or Pull-ups on and then just a little bit later, she's gone again--in her pants. Yesterday she was at the kitchen table with Lauren, I was getting dinner together and I hear, "I'm going on the chair, Mom." I say, "Good." Then I turn to look and realize what she is saying...pee pee is soaking into our dinning room upholstered chair and dripping onto the floor! Ugggh! She'd just gone 1/2 hour before! It isn't really affective to make them just sit on the potty all day, is it? I am just about there.

Now I need to amend, because in the midst of typing this entry, Lindsay just tried to go potty and after about two minutes, she went! No crying...no protests! Yes! Now I'm hopeful again. Thank goodness! How wishy-washy am I? This reminds me of childbirth and the way we forget how painful it is. All it takes is for our cute kids do something awesome and it seems like it's not so bad. (Please don't think I'm comparing potty training to childbirth--I know childbirth is more painful, but don't you agree that when you're in the midst of potty training it can seem pretty bad?) Enough! This is going to be a good day along the journey, with enough success to keep us optimistic!

1 comment:

Yoga Girl said...

Julie- UGH! I hate potty training. I starting with Owen and the first time he pooped in his underwear I put diapers back on and decided it wasn't time yet. I am so there with you. Good luck with the worst part of parenting in my book. BTW, love to read your blog.
love ya
Val